Chain The Dogma - February 22, 2011
Gaddafi, The Family International and the Antichrist
Gaddafi's dictatorship is coming to an end so where is the Antichrist?
by Perry Bulwer
This may come as a surprise to you, but Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, dictator of Libya for 40 years, is either the Anti-Christ or the prophet who prepares the way for him and announces his coming. At least he is if you believe The Family International and the claims of their deceased founder, David Berg. Back in the early 1970s, Berg, the self-proclaimed end-time prophet claimed he received prophecies indicating that Gaddafi, who had recently led a coup and took control of Libya, would fill one of those roles described in the book of Revelation.
Berg communicated with his cult followers, then called the Children of God, by way of letters which he composed with the help of current leader Maria Fontaine. That is just one of her many aliases. She was born Karen Zerby, but has changed her legal name at least once, possibly more and hides behind a variety of fake names. Read the information at that link to her name and you will understand why a leader of a supposedly upright Christian charity group needs to use so many aliases and legally change her name. Most of the letters Berg wrote to his followers were just transcripts of private talks he gave, sometimes to other cult leaders, but often just to Maria. She would record and transcribe almost everything he said, including his interpretations of his dreams, which he considered were messages from God to be passed on.
The quotations below taken from some of those letters, now archived online by former members, show what Berg believed and taught about Gaddafi. But first, there are a few things to point out about Berg's writings. The Family International with Maria at its head has never renounced Berg's writings, although they did try their best to revise history by censoring certain words and phrases. In the quotations below, those deleted words are indicated in square brackets, sometimes with the deleted word included if it was known by the archivists who put the documents online. For example, Berg often used the word "anti-Christ" as a code word for "Jew". He was extremely anti-Semitic and his writings are peppered with hateful references to Jews, so they attempted to clean up his writings in what they called a pubs purge. However, in the quotations below, "anti-Christ" is actually referring to the biblical personality, not to Jews.
The Family International today still revere Berg as a prophet, even though they cannot point to one single thing that he ever truly prophesied accurately. It is now obvious that his prophecies and predictions about Gaddafi are just as false as his prediction that Jesus would return in 1993. After Berg's death in 1994, Maria continued to prophecy that the Anti-Christ was now an adult and that biblical end-time events culminating with Jesus' return would begin while she was alive and leading The Family. There have been recent indications that Maria and her co-leader, Peter Amsterdam (another alias) are now pushing those dates fifty years into the future, preposterously claiming that Jesus has changed his mind, even though one of their favourite scriptures to quote is, "All things change, but Jesus never."
David Berg on Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
[format and emphasis from the orignal publication]
GADDAFI'S THIRD WORLD! by David Berg July 7, 1973
15. THAT VOICE, STRENGTH AND LEADERSHIP OF THIS GRADUALLY EMERGING THIRD WORLD POWER is becoming more and more that of this young and dramatic religious fanatic, Mu'ammar Gaddafi, leader of Libya and the Arab world, and quite possibly the rising figurehead and symbol of the Third World Power, embodying the first effective defiance of both of the other superpowers!
16. AS ONE GREAT HISTORIAN HAS SAID, THE WORLD IS WAITING FOR A SUPERMAN who can unite its political and religious systems, solve its economic and social problems, end its wars and wickedness and bring peace and plenty and haven on Earth!--The Bible predicts that there is going to be such a man in the Last Days of man's rule on Earth, who will temporarily save the world from total destruction just before Christ returns to rule it.
17. IT IS TOO SOON TO SAY IF GADDAFI COULD BE THAT MAN HIMSELF, or whether he is merely preparing the way for such a man who is yet to arise in prominence as a world leader. But he certainly has all the earmarks of the same, and we have had every indication in actual revelations that he is going to have much to do with him.
18. IF HE IS NOT ACTUALLY THE ONE HIMSELF, HE IS CERTAINLY PREPARING HIS WAY, for he is not only uniting the Third World behind his leadership with his growing strength and clearly rising voice, but the world is going to have to listen to him, as they are beginning to find out, whether they want to or not, because the Arabs control most of the world's oil for which they are rapidly getting most of the world's gold!--And these are going to be some of the only valuables left when the world's monetary system has collapsed and the fuel runs out, as it is rapidly now doing.
"MORE ON [EDITED: "A COUNTRY'S LEADER"]!"--MO June 7, 1973
10. EVEN THE ANTICHRIST COULD HAVE STARTED OUT SERVING THE LORD and supposedly worshipping God! It does say of the Antichrist that in the long run he doesn't honour the God of his fathers, so obviously his fathers did have God and he came from some faith that honoured Him. But I never thought of him as starting out as a servant of God to do the will of God. As I pondered this, immediately I got a picture of Satan's fall and this message; "Why should this be strange? This is the way Lucifer began, as a servant of God! But then in his pride his heart was lifted against Me."
11. YOU SEE, GOD COULD WANT TO USE HIM TO HELP SAVE THE WORLD AND DIVIDE THE FORCES OF CAPITALISM AND COMMUNISM AND RAISE UP A THIRD WORLD POWER. After all, the Antichrist couldn't be raised up with out the power of God. God has to permit it and ordain it, and he will do the world good at first. But then his heart could become proud.--Just like the Devil: He started out right and wound up wrong, because he was not satisfied with just being the hand of God, but wanted to be God. I thought, "How could he be so good and yet become so bad?" Well, that's the way the Devil became, and many men have done that though history, when you come to think of it, even some of the prophets. But then they became lifted up in pride and exalted in self-glorification, and therefore lost the blessing of God.
12. IT IS IN THE MIDST OF THE WEEK THAT HE CHANGES, apparently, profanes the altar and exalts himself as God. It appears that during the first three and a half years he has the blessing of God, because how could he rule the world without the permission of God? But then when he becomes exalted and forgets that God is doing it, and begins self-worship, then begins the time of the world's great Trouble--and his too!
13. [DELETED] The Antichrist is Man's last-ditch stand with the most perfect government and most perfect ruler, and yet it will fail because he doesn't give God the glory, So why shouldn't we, if we're going to be preserved and God is going to keep us, begin from scratch with that very power[DELETED]? This is the way many prophets operated, from Joseph to Daniel and others: They lived and worked under the protection of heathen kings! As long as he's doing the Will of God, why couldn't we work with him? [DELETED]
26. DO YOU GET THE POINT? HE IS MAKING A CALL TO ARMS, SO TO SPEAK: "COME, LET US BELIEVERS IN GOD JOIN TOGETHER AND TAKE THE WORLD FOR GOD in opposition to anti-man Capitalism and anti-God Communism!" I think he's got tremendous appeal! I didn't realise he was this far along with it. He paid for this whole four full-page section in the London Times! He knew he could reach the world in London!
27. LOOK WHAT HE SAYS: "OUR THIRD THEORY IS AN ALTERNATIVE TO CAPITALIST MATERIALISM AND COMMUNIST ATHEISM. IT'S AN IDEOLOGY WHICH CALLS FOR THE RETURN OF MANKIND TO THE KINGDOM OF GOD!" Hallelujah! Isn't that terrific? Isn't that amazing? Praise God!--Can't we agree with that? Amen!
28 THE BIBLE SPEAKS OF THE ANTICHRIST, and talks about the religion of his fathers. But see what happens when he finally comes into power? Apparently the whole thing goes to his head. He gets into power with the co-operation of the religious people, but when he finally does come to power the thing goes to his head, and he becomes possessed of the Devil and wants all religions wiped out and only complete worship of himself!
29. [DELETED] [EDITED: "ALL"] IS NOT CLEAR from those revelations we've gotten. I can't quite figure them out yet. There's one thing he will be or he is: I gather that he is to prepare the way for him, if nothing else. Maybe he's going to be the prophet, the one who is the propaganda manager for the [EDITED: "coming world leader"], the one who prepares the way for the [EDITED: "world leader"], just like Jesus had John the Baptist.
30. IF THIS IS THE MAN WHO'S GOING TO PREPARE THE WAY, he definitely has something to do with the [EDITED: "coming world leader"]. He may either be [EDITED: "that person"] himself, or he is preparing the way for [EDITED: "him"]. But it is God-ordained, and it's obvious God has predicted it: He has prophesied it, He has revealed it through the Bible, Grandmother, Jeane Dixon and us!
RELATED ARTICLES ON THIS BLOG
Secret letter claims Family International leader caused deadliest air crash in history
From Sex Fiends to Family Values: the LDS and The Family International
Folie a deux: the insane prophets of the Seventh-day Adventists and The Family International
The Catholic Church and The Family International: popes and prophets who protect pedophiles
What do Pat Robertson and The Family International cult have in common?
Kings and Queens of Cults
This Is What Wolves In Sheep's Clothing Look Like
Child sacrifice: a review of the documentary All God's Children - the ultimate sacrifice
Miss World 2009 contestant, Miss Indonesia, is a member of evangelical cult with history of child abuse
Who is the Real Anti-Christian: the Atheist or the Fundamentalist Christian?
A RESPONSE TO JAMES D. CHANCELLOR'S LIFE IN THE FAMILY: AN ORAL HISTORY OF THE CHILDREN OF GOD
ALSO SEE: news and blog articles concerning The Family International, formerly known as the Children of God at: